The position has been filled, thank you for all of the applications!
I’m looking for a Software Engineer to join the Red Hat OpenStack Networking team. I am presently looking to hire in Europe and Israel. The candidate may work from home or from one of the offices listed here. The team is globally distributed and comprised of talented, autonomous, empowered and passionate individuals with a healthy work/life balance. The candidate will work on OpenStack networking projects such as Neutron and LBaaS. The candidate will write and review code while working with upstream community members and fellow Red Hatters. If you want to do open source, Red Hat is objectively where it’s at. We have an institutional culture of open source at all levels and this has a ripple effect on your day to day and your career at the company.
Please email me CVs at email@example.com.
The ideal candidate is familiar with some or all of the following subjects:
- Networking knowledge and terms such as L2, L3, ARP and IP
- Cloud networking knowledge. For example VXLAN tunneling, network namespaces and OVS
- Familiarity with virtualization technology, cloud and infrastructure as a service and OpenStack in particular
- Write a bunch o’ code
- Review code
- Resolve bugs
- Draft design documents
- Implement features
- Lead and participate in design discussions
- Attend conferences
- Improve our testing infrastructure
- Assist in RPM packaging
- Resolve customer issues
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years of significant software development experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with upstream community members outside of the team and company