Edit: The position has been filled, thank you everyone.
I’m looking for a Software Engineer to join the Red Hat OpenStack Networking team. I am presently looking to hire in Europe, Israel and US East. The candidate may work from home or from one of the Red Hat offices. The team is globally distributed and comprised of talented, autonomous, empowered and passionate individuals with a healthy work/life balance. The candidate will work on OpenStack Octavia and LBaaS. The candidate will write and review code while working with upstream community members and fellow Red Hatters. If you want to do open source, Red Hat is objectively where it’s at. We have an institutional culture of open source at all levels and this has a ripple effect on your day to day and your career at the company.
Please email me CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate is familiar with some or all of the following subjects:
- Networking knowledge and terms such as L2, L3, ARP and IP
- Cloud networking knowledge. For example VXLAN tunneling, network namespaces, OVS and haproxy
- Familiarity with virtualization technology, cloud and infrastructure as a service and OpenStack in particular
- Bonus points for familiarity with Octavia
- Write a bunch o’ code
- Review code
- Resolve bugs
- Draft design documents
- Implement features
- Lead and participate in design discussions
- Attend conferences
- Improve our testing infrastructure
- RPM packaging
- Resolve customer issues
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years of significant software development experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with upstream community members outside of the team and company