I recently gave an internal Red Hat talk entitled: Introduction to Neutron. It is a high-level, concepts oriented talk.
In it I talk about:
- Why Neutron?
- An example of network virtualization
- Ports, networks and subnets
- External, provider and tenant networks
- L3 model – Internal and external subnets, routers, NAT and floating IPs
- An overview of the different Neutron components
- Nova <–> Neutron interaction when creating a VM
- Explanation of the core plugin concept
- Brief rundown of the service plugins (VPN, Load balancing and Firewalls)
Here’s the PDF.
And the video: